More Information About 50/50 Rehab Loan Program
This program is provided by the City of Buffalo Owner Occupied Housing Assistance Programs.
50/50 Rehab Loan Program for Niagara District
Purchasing or have recently purchased a home? The City of Buffalo has available funding for one half of the rehab and repair costs (up to $25,000) for code related repairs and lead based paint hazard reduction to purchasers and new owners of existing one and two family homes.
To qualify you must
- Be a first time homebuyer purchasing a single or double family house within the Niagara District in the City of Buffalo, New York
- Plan to occupy the house to be purchased for at least ten years
- Document your matching funds as part of the application process
- Be current on all City and County taxes, Water Bills, and User Fees
- Provide supporting documentation to verify eligibility
- Have a household income of 80% or less of the area median income*, based on family size (see chart below)
*Household Size / Income (80% of AMI)
1 / $38,200
2 / $43,650
3 / $49,100
4 / $54,550
5 / $58,950
6 / $63,300
These income guidelines are based on 2017 numbers and are subject to change
How Can I Apply?
Spaces are limited and applications are taken on a first-come, first-served basis, as available.
Applicants will be required to submit supporting documentation to verify eligibility for the program – including (but not limited to) proof of ownership, household income, household size and composition, status of city/county taxes, water bill and user fees.
For more information, contact our office at (716) 882-7661 ext. 202