More Information About 50/50 Rehab Loan Program

Button- Download 5050

This program is provided by the City of Buffalo Owner Occupied Housing Assistance Programs.


50/50 Rehab Loan Program for Niagara District

Purchasing or have recently purchased a home? The City of Buffalo has available funding for one half of the rehab and repair costs (up to $25,000) for code related repairs and lead based paint hazard reduction to purchasers and new owners of existing one and two family homes.


 To qualify you must

  •  Be a first time homebuyer purchasing a single or double family house within the Niagara District in the City of Buffalo, New York
  • Plan to occupy the house to be purchased for at least ten years
  • Document your matching funds as part of the application process
  • Be current on all City and County taxes, Water Bills, and User Fees
  • Provide supporting documentation to verify eligibility
  • Have a household income of 80% or less of the area median income*, based on family size (see chart below)
Income Guidelines

*Household Size / Income (80% of AMI)

1 / $37,900
2 / $43,300
3 / $48,700
4 / $54,100
5 / $58,450
6 / $62,800

These income guidelines are based on 2015 numbers and are subject to change


How Can I Apply?

Spaces are limited and applications are taken on a first-come, first-served basis, as available.

Applicants will be required to submit supporting documentation to verify eligibility for the program – including (but not limited to) proof of ownership, household income, household size and composition, status of city/county taxes, water bill and user fees.

The first step is to call or stop in our office for a preclearance interview. Preclearance requires that you provide copies of your most recent utility bills and paid receipts for City, County, Water, and User Fee taxes.

For more information, contact our office at (716) 882-7661 ext. 202

 This website was produced in part with the assistance of the City of Buffalo/ City of Buffalo Urban Renewal Agency through the Community Development Block Grant and/or HOME Program(s.)