Final pics 019
More Information About Weatherization Assistance Program

Button- Download Weatherization

This program is provided by the City of Buffalo Owner Occupied Housing Assistance Programs.


Weatherization Assistance Program

Is your home drafty? Have high heating bills? Homeowners can receive up to $5,000 from the City of Buffalo for weatherization upgrades, including insulation and weather-stripping, repairs of heating systems, and more.

An energy audit of the home will be conducted to identify specific needs. Weatherization Services may also include other energy related improvements such as: water heater repair/replacement, lighting fixture replacement, venting systems, heating distribution system replacement, refrigerator replacement, installation of GFIC outlets, and electrical service upgrade.



 To qualify you must

  •  Own and occupy your home within the Niagara or Ellicott District in the City of Buffalo, New York
  • Have a well maintained and structurally sound home
  • Be current on all City and County taxes, Water Bills, Sewer Bills, and User Fees
  • Provide supporting documentation to verify eligibility
  • Have a household income of 80% or less of the area median income*, based on family size (see chart below)
Income Guidelines

*Household Size / Income (80% of AMI)

1 / $41,850
2 / $47,800
3 / $53,800
4 / $59,750
5 / $64,550
6 / $69,350
7 / $74,100
8 / $78,900

These income guidelines are based on 2018 numbers and are subject to change

How Can I Apply?

Spaces are limited and applications are taken on a first-come, first-served basis, as available.

Applicants will be required to submit supporting documentation to verify eligibility for the program – including (but not limited to) proof of ownership, household income, household size and composition, status of city/county taxes, water bill and user fees.

For more information, contact our office at (716) 882-7661

 This website was produced in part with the assistance of the City of Buffalo/ City of Buffalo Urban Renewal Agency through the Community Development Block Grant and/or HOME Program(s.)