For inquires about Technical Assistance projects, please email our staff.
- Aaron Baptist Church
- Olive Baptist Church
- Bethesda World Harvest International Church
- Zion missionary Baptist Church
- My Place Homes for the Homeless
- Reagan Development
- Breezer Development LLC / Vision Niagara
- Wellness Institute of Greater Buffalo & WNY
- Citizens Alliance, Inc.
For years it’s been part of HOCN’s mission to work with community minded businesses to develop sustainable projects benefitted Buffalo’s core communities. As a result of our service area expansion to the Pratt-Willert, Central, MLK Park, Fruit Belt, parts of Masten Park, Genesee-Moselle, and Broadway Fillmore communities we now offer high quality affordably priced technical assistance. Our talented staff work collaboratively to build capacity for organizations to remain relevant in today’s philanthropic climate, become fiscally sustainable through our successful grant writing and grant compliance technical assistance. We have also added in Property and Project management for budding Community Development Corporations newly entering the Affordable Housing work via single and two-family homes as well as multi-family housing up to 12 units.
Working with HOCN
Our talented and experienced staff are happy to discuss your development goals with you. HOCN offers a non-profit rate and will work with your organization to find the right strategy to fit your budget.
HOCN provides urban planning and community engagement services to address organization-specific needs and ensure alignment with foundations, local, state and federal funding sources.
- Community asset mapping
- Planning and conducting integrated design charrettes
- Facilitate public meetings
- Community needs assessment
- Research and submit government grant and loan applications
- Grant compliance for 12 months post award
- Performing all tasks associated with the operation of property including leasing, rent collections, resident services, maintenance and ensuring compliance with applicable New York State Housing laws and company policies for multi-unit properties.
- Performs affirmative marketing and rent up according to Fair Housing Law.
- Provides templates for daily operations: leases, work orders, building maintenance plan, tenant handbook.
- Implementing projects from conception through closing, construction, lease-up (if applicable) and stabilization and for delivering each project on schedule, within budget, and according to New York State Housing Quality Standards.
- Manage due diligence (once organization has site control), development of the pro forma and financial structuring, funding commitments and cost estimates.
- Manage design and construction teams to ensure the timeliness, quality, and cost effectiveness of project
- Manage the funding requisitions process through the life of the project.